In 1938, Dr. M. R. DeHaan started a small radio program in Detroit, Michigan, USA called Detroit Bible Class. With his gravelly voice, Dr. M. R. DeHaan quickly captured the attention of listeners in the Detroit area, and across the border into Canada. Since then, the work in Canada has grown steadily from the radio program to Our Daily Bread, the Discovery Series booklets, Day of Discovery television, and now the internet.
The Canadian ministry operates from our office in Windsor, Ontario; where we also handle French translations, as well as requests for Chinese and Spanish literature.
“Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.” Psalm 40:5
Milestones in Canada include:
- 1938 – Detroit Bible Class begins as the first radio program.
- 1941 – The name of the program changes to Radio Bible Class when it expands to Grand Rapids, MI.
- 1956 – Our Daily Bread devotionals are first published. Today they are translated into 50 languages with over 30 million editions distributed worldwide.
- 1959 – The first office outside of the United States is incorporated as its own entity in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- 1965 – The Radio Bible Class program reaches 600 stations around the world.
- 1968 – Day of Discovery, a weekly TV program, debuts to explore topics of faith. It has become one of the longest-running programs in television history.
- 1968 – Radio Bible Class Canada becomes a federally recognized charity in Canada
- 1981 – A physical office is opened in Windsor, Ontario to serve the Canadian subscribers from within Canada.
- 1988 – Discovery House Publishers, a non-profit publishing house, launches as an extension of the ministry and acquires the rights to Oswald Chambers’ popular devotional, My Utmost for His Highest.
- 1989 – French translations of materials begins.
- 1994 — Radio Bible Class changes its name to RBC Ministries Canada in order to reflect the services it offers to Canadians.
- 1995 – Website launches to provide online resources for people all over the world.
- 2006 – Dedicated office opened in Trois-Rivières, Quebec
- 2011 – Our Daily Bread mobile app is launched and eventually downloaded by over 1 million people and available in multiple languages
- 2013 – Dedicated office opened in Vancouver, BC
- 2014 – Our Daily Bread reaches over 1 million fans on Facebook
- 2015 – RBC Ministries Canada changes its name to Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada.
Please contact us at our main office for further information:
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada
PO Box 1622
Windsor, Ontario N9A 6Z7
Toll-Free: 1 -800-668-5545
Phone: (519) 956 2400
Fax: (519) 956 2449
Email: [email protected]
Pour le service en Français, appelez :
Tél: (519) 956 2430
Sans frais: 1-888-378-4992
Courriel: [email protected]
Para servicio en Español, llame a:
Tel: (519) 956 2400 (Opción #3)
Correo Electrónico: [email protected]
Phone: (519) 956 2440
Email: [email protected]