Location: Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada, 11325 Firgrove Drive, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time (40 hours/week)
Benefits: Complete benefits package including Dental, medical, vision & extended health care.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada is a Canadian charitable organization dedicated to making life-changing wisdom of Bible understandable and accessible to all. Using Christian principles in all our materials, the truths of Scripture are presented through print, digital, audio and video resources. Perhaps best known for the Our Daily Bread daily devotional, the Canadian office also translates additional resources into French, and supports additional languages through cooperation with other Our Daily Bread offices around the world.
About the Position:
Manager of Digital Engagement
We are looking for a professional Manager of Digital Engagement with experience in media relations, strategic marketing and promotion to plan and enhance our activities within Canada. The ideal candidate will value the mission and vision of Our Daily Bread Ministries, has a desire to contribute to the growth of our ministry, and understands how to effectively engage with digital users to generate both brand interaction and conversion. The Manager of Digital Engagement is responsible for driving engagement with digital users across channels. This includes close collaboration with other senior management to devise and lead digital engagement strategy in support of Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada’s mission and ministry in line with our brand voice and copy guidelines. This position will oversee campaigns, projects and dialogue aimed at increasing engagement across all digital platforms, either on its own or in conjunction with print campaigns. This position also requires an advanced knowledge of the Bible, the ability to provide Biblical counsel and answers in response to questions and feedback from various channels, and the ability to share the basis of their faith as required.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manage multiple digital ministry marketing projects/campaigns as assigned from inception to completion.
- Coordinate communication among various Our Daily Bread teams and with outside vendors to ensure a complete understanding of project plans, requirements, deliverables and deadlines.
- Identify, track, and report on each project scope, timeframe, and cost. Develop specific process flows for each project and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Maintain consistent recurring deadlines for regularly scheduled digital campaigns.
- Oversee updating consumer website and webstore interface and social media outlets.
- Collaborate across teams to plan, manage, coordinate, and execute digital tactics and initiatives to achieve ministry digital engagement goals
- Communicate regularly with global teams to coordinate digital engagement tactics.
- Create, maintain and execute a digital engagement calendar.
- Provide Biblical counsel and answers in response to questions and feedback from various channels.
- Facilitate and regularly interact with cross-functional teams within the ministry to support and manage all digital engagement efforts.
- Attend industry webinars and conferences as appropriate.
- Participate in annual planning.
- Research trends, techniques, and technologies useful to fulfill all digital engagement functions.
- Maintain a user-focused approach to all digital engagement tactics; this includes user testing and research to inform the most effective ways to engage digital users.
- Use social listening tools to monitor online conversations and provide sentiment analysis for relevant topics to all ministry efforts.
- Benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of digital engagement and implement improvements as required.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to scrutinize and analyze anticipated requirements.
- Travel within Canada and the United States will be required.
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
In this very specialized and unique position, we are looking for someone who is highly organized and has the following experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing, with a minimum of 4 (four) years of relevant experience in the digital, media & social content space.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Shopify E-Commerce platform.
- Minimum 1 year experience in WPEngine WordPress platform.
- Minimum 1 year experience in successful placement of campaigns using Google AdWords, Facebook & Instagram advertising.
- In-depth experience establishing and fulfilling KPI’s for visitor website goals, engagement on social media and revenue targets for online sales.
- Advanced Biblical knowledge to ensure content is aligned to correct interpretation and application.
A strong command of the English language with advanced writing skills is critical. We are also looking for experience running digital/social promotions from inception through execution and maintenance with proven social media etiquette, communication, and moderation skills. Leadership in marketing direction and digital growth is the key focus, coupled with effective communication of final outputs and results with senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with all or majority of the following certifications:
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Ads Certification
- Email Marketing Certification (from a recognized Email CRM platform)
- Digital Marketing Nanodegree
- Hootsuite Academy
- Twitter Flight School
- LinkedIn Learning Social Media Marketing
- Blueprint Certification with Facebook
- Content Marketing Institute Online Certification
Each person that works at Our Daily Bread strives to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development in line with conservative Christian teaching.
Miscellaneous notes for consideration:
This work is in a secure environment that is regulated by PIPEDA and PCI Compliance, and requires a background check and police clearance as a part of the employment contract. A confidentiality agreement is also required to conform to privacy policies.
This position is physically located in the offices of Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Currently there is no option for remote working, or for working from home.
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada is a Christian religious ministry that is primarily engaged in serving the interests of Christians who wish to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to both Christians and non-Christians. An express occupational requirement for all employees is that they both abide by and are able and willing to promote the Christian faith as expressed in the employee manual as an integral part of their duties. Based on Biblical principles, all employees must agree with and sign our statement of faith. They must also strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles, be engaged with the Bible on a consistent basis, and demonstrate continued spiritual growth and spiritual development. Our Daily Bread Ministries’ legacy and the richness of our organization’s history, requires that all employees will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honouring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles. Our management team must be:
- God-honoring (Exod. 18:21; 1 Tim. 4:10–16; 2 Peter 1:3)
- Gifted (Romans 12:6–8; 1 Cor. 12:4–11)
- Global-minded (Matt. 28:19–20; John 3:16; Rev. 5:9–10)
- Demonstrating integrity (Prov. 11:3; 2 Cor. 8:21)
- Committed to Christ’s commission (Matt. 28:16–20)
- Humble in service (Luke 22:24–27; Phil. 2:1–18)
Please apply with resume and cover letter stating clearly how you have met requirements to:
or send your application to:
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada,
Attn: Human Resources, Digital Recruiting
P.O. Box 1622, Windsor, Ontario N9A 6Z7
Only shortlisted candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.