Location: Our Daily Bread Ministries Office in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Work Team: Customer Service Team
Employment Status: Permanent, Full Time (Hourly Wage, 40 hours/week)
Start Date: January
Position Summary: English Customer Service Representative includes answering inbound and/or placing outbound phone calls to fulfill all Ministry, Subscriber and Donor requests. Process mail-in orders and donations and provide information on products Our Daily Bread Ministries produces. Interact with Customers via email, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms.
• Respond to incoming phone calls or emails and analyze requests.
• Enter customer requests into the database for fulfillment of product requests.
• Compose letters and e-mails in response to inquiries as needed.
• Respond to questions or comments on the Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada Facebook page.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to scrutinize and analyze anticipated requirements of donors and subscribers.
• Process automated/internet orders as needed.
• Assist with other outreach functions and social media.
• Communicate needs and desires in a clear and concise manner.
• Introducing Our Daily Bread Ministries teaching materials to churches and other Christian groups across Canada (by phone or in person as allowed).
• Position may provide potential opportunities to promote Our Daily Bread Ministries material through table displays at local Christian community events, churches and organizations. Some lifting and carrying of boxes is required (as allowed under Covid restrictions).
• Travel within Canada and the United States may be required.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
• Fluent in English. (A second language of French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Tamil, or Telugu would be beneficial)
• Secondary School degree or diploma.
• Experience in customer service/telephone service.
• Excellent customer service/people skills and pleasant manner on the phone.
• Must demonstrate aptitude in organization.
• Demonstrated ability in data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, and scheduling software.
Internal Work Environment
• Involves complex communication with individuals/groups throughout the organization and with the public. Clear and concise communication is essential.
• Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to deal with some personal and confidential issues callers present.
External Work Environment
• Extensive outside communication with Our Daily Bread readers and donors.
• Responsible for providing a positive relationship/impression of Our Daily Bread Ministries.
• Some topics are sensitive and confidential and may require encouragement/prayer while on the phone.
• Callers may ask questions related to the Bible. A solid understanding of Scripture is an asset in this position.
Stewardship of Resources
• Responsible for handling credit cards and keeping member information secure.
• Able to effectively handle callers while ensuring efficient use of telephone time on toll-free telephone lines.
• Must allocate time and resources in an efficient and organized manner.
Miscellaneous notes for consideration:
• This position is within a secure environment, which requires a background check and police clearance as a part of the employment conditions. An employment contract and confidentiality agreement are also required to conform to privacy policies.
• Due to security requirements, this job is physically located in the Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada office in Windsor, Ontario. There is no remote work opportunity with this position.
• Applicants should be comfortable with their faith and Biblical knowledge and able to respond to questions from readers relating to Biblical topics.
• Participate in daily devotional discussion and prayer time.
• Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada is a Christian religious ministry that primarily serves the interests of Christians who wish to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to Christians and non-Christians. An express occupational requirement for all employees is that they both abide by and are able and willing to promote the Christian faith as expressed in the employee manual as an integral part of their duties. We strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles, engage with the Bible on a consistent basis and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development. Through our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honouring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
To apply for this position, please send an email to to the address shown below, including a cover note about yourself, why you would be a fit for working in a ministry environment, and attach a copy of your current resume.
Resume’s may also be sent to: P.O. Box 1622, Windsor, Ontario N9A 6Z7