Chinese/English Customer Service Representative
Customer Service representative includes answering inbound and/or placing outbound phone calls in Mandarin, Cantonese and/or English to fulfill all Ministry, Subscriber and Donor requests. Process mail-in orders, donations, and provide information on products produced by Our Daily Bread Ministries. Interact with Customers via email, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and analyze requests. Must be able to communicate to callers in Mandarin, Cantonese and English.
- Enter customer requests in to database for fulfillment of product requests.
- Compose letters and e-mail in response to inquiries as needed.
- Detail oriented with the ability to scrutinize and analyze anticipated requirements.
- Process automated/internet orders as needed.
- Assist with other outreach functions and social media.
- Communicate needs and desires in a clear and concise manner.
- Travel within Canada and the United States may be required.
Study or Knowledge and Experience
- Completed High School education with experience in customer service.
- Able to communicate verbally in Mandarin or Cantonese (both preferred) as well as English.
- Able to communicate in written form in Simplified or Traditional Chinese, as well as English.
- Able to do simple translations/proofing for Chinese artwork, letters or designs.
- Excellent customer service/people skills and pleasant manner on phone.
- Accuracy in computer data entry, familiarity with computers and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Able to react to needs in fast-paced environment.
- Mathematical ability, able to handle basic math calculations while in phone with caller.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment
- Involves complex communication with individuals/groups throughout the organization. Clear and concise communication is essential.
- Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to deal with some personal and confidential issues presented by callers.
External Work Environment
- Extensive outside communication with Our Daily Bread readers and donors.
- Responsible to provide positive relationship/impression of Our Daily Bread Ministries.
- Some topics are sensitive and confidential and may require encouragement/prayer while on the phone.
- Work closely with our office in Burnaby, BC.
Stewardship of Resources
- Responsible for handling of credit cards and keeping member information secure.
- Able to effectively handle callers, while ensuring efficient use of telephone time on toll-free telephone lines.
- Must allocate time resources in an efficient and organized manner.
Miscellaneous notes for consideration:
- This position is within a secure environment, which requires a background check and police clearance as a part of the employment conditions. An employment contract and confidentiality agreement are also required to conform to privacy policies.
- Should be comfortable with their faith and biblical knowledge.
- Participate in daily devotional discussion and prayer time.
- Full time position, 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Our Daily Bread Ministries Canada is a Christian religious ministry that is primarily engaged in serving the interests of Christians who wish to bring the good news of Jesus Christ to both Christians and non-Christians. An express occupational requirement for all employees is that they both abide by and are able and willing to promote the Christian faith as expressed in the employee manual as an integral part of their duties. Based on Biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
To apply for this position, please send an email to to the address shown below, including a cover note about yourself, why you would be a fit for working in a ministry environment, and attach a copy of your current resume.